Begin your future with us. APPLY NOW before application window closes on 19 March 2018 at http://admissions.ntu.edu.sg/Undergraduat…/…/ApplytoNTU.aspx
For those of you who are unsure of which programme to apply to, join us at #NTUOpenHouse2018 on 3rd March from 9.30am – 6.30pm
Congratulations to Dr Naik for receiving a travel award from the EMBO workshop.
During May 2017, Dr Roshan Naik traveled to Portgal and Spain to present at two conferences.
1. The 24th European Congress on Obesity (ECO)
17th-20th May 2017, Porto, Portugal
Dr Naik presented work in the form of a poster titled ” Metabolic dysfunction in Translocator protein knockout mice: role in inflammation”.
2. EMBO Workshop: Brown adipose tissue meeting
24th -27th May 2017, Sitges, Spain
This workshop consisted of a small group (nearly 100+) of researchers working on basic, translational and clinically oriented work on adipose tissue; it was highly fruitful for networking and receiving important input on our work.
For more information on the Ph.D. program and application procedures visit LKC School of Medicine.
The project focuses on understanding how age-associated inflammatory changes contribute to neurodegeneration in Alzheimer’s disease.
Employing in vivo imaging techniques such as two-photon fluorescent microscopy, PET, and MRI, in combination with cellular, molecular, biochemical, and behavioral approaches, inflammatory pathogenic mechanisms will be investigated in living animal models of aging and disease.
Two fully funded scholarship positions are available.
Open to domestic and international candidates.
- Non-clinical applicants: At least upper second, preferably first-class honors degree in neurosciences or a relevant field.
- TOEFL/IELTS required for international applicants, except those who are from English-medium institutions.
- A valid GRE test score for applicants who are not graduates from autonomous universities in Singapore. Test dates must be within five years from the date of application. Applicants from India may use the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score of at least 90 percent in place of GRE. Test date must be within three years of the date of application.