We are currently recruiting a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join the Neurobiology of Aging & Disease Laboratory. Present work in the laboratory is investigating the role of the mitochondrial translocator protein in inflammatory processes in aging and Alzheimer`s disease employing in vivo imaging to examine multicellular interactions between astrocytes, microglia, neurons and vasculature around AD pathology in AD mouse models.
The successful candidate will have expertise in in vivo 2-photon imaging and/or viral-based manipulation techniques and extensive experience with rodent models. Experience with quantitative behaviour analyses and experience with culture models an advantage. Position available immediately with ongoing funding available.
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) established in September 2010 is a partnership between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The School operates from two campuses – Yunnan Campus at Nanyang Technological University and a new campus at Novena. Our primary healthcare partner is the National Healthcare Group (NHG) which comprises an integrated network of primary healthcare polyclinics, acute care hospitals such as Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and national specialist centres. LKCMedicine delivers a new five-year undergraduate medical programme leading to a joint MBBS degree awarded by Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University. For further information visit the website at http://www.lkcmedicine.ntu.edu.sg
- Plan, develop and run experiments in line with project requirements.
- Accurately document experimental procedures.
- Work with and guide students (undergraduate & graduate level).
- Contribute to writing papers, grant proposals and reports.
- Report research at national and international meetings.
- PhD in neuroscience or related field.
- Knowledge and broad experience working with transgenic rodent models.
- Excellent organizational & communication skills.
- Accurate & precise record keeping abilities.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Ability to work both cooperatively and independently, and with minimum supervision.
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated.
- Proven track record with publications in international peer reviewed journals.
- Expertise in in vivo 2-photon imaging and/or viral-based manipulation techniques.
- Experience with quantitative behaviour analyses and cell culture.
Interested candidates should submit the following materials via email as a single PDF document: (i) a complete CV including a publication list, experimental skills and contact information for 2 referees and (ii) a statement of current and previous research (1-2 pages). Contact prior to application is welcome. Email: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed immediately until the position is filled.